Saturday 26 February 2011

Calling all Devs, Calling all Managers (if that's what you can call them)

Seriously! The guys in my links need to be followed by all Devs and Managers especially. I've only just started doing this reading myself, but quickly realising that these guys are well worth reading.

Just read them, they are not big articles. They make a lot of sense and are very experienced people, so why wouldn't we want to listen to them absolutely confuses me.

Its probably wise to be spending some time, reading at least one article a day, and/or learning one new feature of a piece of software that we use every day/week. Visual Studio or Resharper or maybe some software framework you are using, automapper, nhibernate, etc. I am trying to do this but not religiously yet. I will get there.

I have also just been recently told that  looking at somebody elses source code once a week, also helps. I have not done this yet but I think I am going to start. I'm going to start with Jimmy Bogard's Automapper. Take a look around see how he does things, learn any ideas from it hopefully and also how he writes his code and his unit tests, especially his unit tests as I'm finding this difficult to understand how these are meant to be written at the moment.

If I learn something I will report back on my blog some where hopefully.
I think I hear you ask where the hell do you get the time to do any of this, well don't worry I am also asking myself this question, and now I am writing a blog too! I still want to do all the above and more...

I'll be adding more links to articles I find in here and to 'My Links' also.

Hope you find something useful from this, or if you have any more useful links, let me know and I'll have a read and add them :-)

Some links...

Stand Up Meetings
http://codebetter.com/jameskovacs/2011/03/28/stand-up-meetings-are-about-more-than-standing/

Martin Fowler
http://martinfowler.com/bliki/TradableQualityHypothesis.html
http://martinfowler.com/bliki/TechnicalDebt.html

No comments:

Post a Comment